15 October 2010

Powderfinger - Sunsets Tour

I feel old. Last night I got to see a band that I have been listening to for nearly 20 years, and they still blew my mind.

I go through phases with Powderfinger, sometimes I love them, sometimes I think they sound a little like aural Mogadon. Last night I loved them.

I've seen them live plenty of times, probably too many to count. Numerous Big Days Out, sweaty nights at the Thebarton Theatre, under a circus tent, and now at the Albury Footy Club. Live, they have always impressed.

And upon reflection last night, as I felt the shivers up my spine from a lead break, or the bass reverberations through the rest of me, was that Powderfinger has been with me through some of the most pivotal moments of my life. I remember listening to Double Allergic on cassette in one of my first cars, playing My Happiness at ear bleeding volumes in Sydney with two of my best mates in the world at the 2000 Olympics, staring at a campfire with someone's stereo or iPod on shuffle, it's always been there.

So - Vale Powderfinger. Thank you for being such a huge part of my life.

And please don't do a John Farnham and have 27 comeback tours.

Powderfinger @ 2005 Big Day Out - Melbourne
From third life crisis

Bring out the lasers:

From third life crisis

Rocking it on the sneaky centre stage:

From third life crisis

From third life crisis

From third life crisis

From third life crisis

From third life crisis

Sunset:

From third life crisis

No comments: