09 December 2008

Nine Nine Seven

Jumped on the scales this morning for a pleasant surprise.

For the first time in approximately 10 years, I have fallen under the magic 100 kilogram mark. No rhyme or reason to it - I've just been watching what I'm eating a bit more, trying to drink a little less beer, and exercising more. The daily cycle commuting to work seems to be working a treat, plus being on my feet all day, running up and down the stairs repeatedly, and dragging bikes around.

The last time I remember being sub 100kg was in about 1998 when I went sky diving in NZ. I needed to weigh under 100kg while clothed, and came in smack on. If I remember correctly, I ate and drank alot on that trip, so I daresay that was the tipping point into triple figures.

5 years ago when we moved here, I said I wanted to get under 100kg - I was about 103 at the time, and have hovered around the 103 to 105 ever since.

Until now.

Hopefully the results continue! Not that I'm obsessing about it though.

No comments: