02 October 2008

Crash Training

I've managed to hit the bike pretty hard for the last week or so. Did a few mental sums in my head last night, in the last 5 days I've ridden 210km, the bulk of them on the MTB. And not soft km's either - I know I'm riding hard when I cramp up 3 hours AFTER being on the bike. A couple of rippers last night, in a most unusual spot - down the inside of the quad? Not an easy one to stretch out.

All things being equal, I hope to build up the Rocky Mountain tonight - the (almost) last parts shipment arrived from CRC yesterday, and aside from a set of wheels, I think I'm ready to roll.

Wheels are proving to be a bit of a head scratcher. What to do? I'd like a nice set being that it will be such a nice bike, but there are a few options. The short list:

Phantom Cycles Mavic 819's laced to XT hubs
CRC Mavic 189's laced to Hope Pro II's
TWE custom set.

What I'd like - cartridge bearings on the hubs, a little bit of tick from the rear hub, definitely UST rims, a bit of bling factor.

Nothing's going to be sorted before next weekend... bugger, but they're coming, they're coming.

Off to Melbs this weekend, going to the Price Bandroom tomorrow night to see Diplo, then off to the roundball Sat night, see Victory play someone or other. Worrying stuff, the last email I got from the co-conspirators was "the evening starts with espresso martinis, and ends at sun-up"

Uh-oh.

No comments: