27 February 2008

Epic (In More Ways Than One)

Well what a few days it has been.

I've driven some km's:


View Larger Map



Ridden my bike:

(photo to come)

Played in the mud:





Camped:

(photo to come)

Caught some fish:

(photo to come)

And the holiday has commenced.

I won't give a blow-by-blow description of the Otway Odyssey (yet, still working it through with my therapist!), but suffice to say it was one of the toughest races I have done, simply due to the conditions. Close to 15km on foot pushing bike through calf-deep clay and mud, just about impossible. 6 hours 53 to finish 50km, which should have taken me 4 hours. The intensity wasn't too bad, it was simply the sheer amount of time being on the course plodding along.

Injuries included broken collarbones, broken arms, legs and ankles, various sprainings and strainings, a snakebite, the list goes on...

What some people have had to say about the race (including myself:)

MTBALB forum
farkin.net forum
mtbr.com forum
Rapid Ascent website

Anyone want to ride next year? I think I have unfinished business with this race.

No comments: