My baby, the day I picked it up!
In standard spec:
- 2007 Giant XTC2 - 21 inch frame
- Rock Shox Recon 351 fork
- Race Face Evolution cranks
- SRAM x9 rear mech
- Deore front mech
- SRAM x7 shifters
- Avid Juicy 3 hydraulic brakes
- Mavic 117 rims, Deore hubs
- Hutchinson Python tyres
Bits changed out thus far:
- Rear rim re-laced with DT Swiss stainless spokes
- Pythons changed for Maxxis Larsens
- Stans No Tubes fitted
On the hit list:
- XT crankset, XT cassette, HG93 chain
- New rims - thinking 817's with XT hubs
- XT front and rear mech
- XT shifters
This bike rocks. For the price I think you would struggle to get a better hard tail. Ignore those that say Giant is too common to have any credibility - naysayers the lot of them!
Yes there are couple of things changed out already, and a few more on the list, but this is not a reflection on the bike build, rather the riding style (or lack of) of the 105kg heifer riding it. I am not a graceful human being!
If I'd had a couple of extra $$ when I bought it, I probably would have got the XTC1. But then I'm sure there still would have been things to change out.
I am very, very happy with this bike.