25 January 2008

Flatted

That's pretty much how I've felt all week.

The cold I alluded to earlier in the week has taken full hold, and I'm feeling as bad as I have in years (well, since the infamous 'Bonegilla Beef' incident that shall never be discussed). In fact I've been feeling so flat that today I am taking my first sick day in 2 years, and probably only my third in 5 years. Bloody work ethic.

I could probably have muscled through and gone to work today, but it would have wiped me out for the entire weekend. And this weekend is one that I do NOT want to miss. It is the Annual Big Day Out Weekend.

4 of us descending on Melbs for 4 days of fun, music, hard liquor and laughs. No women, no hassles.

And so the decision making as to what acts to see begins:

British India; Sapcey Space; Faker; Midnight Juggernauts; Dizzee Rascal (yeah!); Hilltop Hoods (double yeah!); Pnau; Blue King Brown; Battles; Unkle; Krafty Kuts & Dynamite MC; Rage Against The Machine (OH YEAH) & Carl Cox to finish the night off.

This is possibly the best BDO line-up I have seen in years - I have been every year since 1997 (except 1 year) and this is as excited as I have ever been.

Stay tuned for the write up next week (& the tales of debauchery!)

No comments: