04 March 2012

Things I'm Looking Forward To About Having a Kid #1

Many random thoughts of late, many of which are around my impending parenthood. I'm sure there will be many things to look forward to - no doubt many challenges as well.

In no particular order, I may or may not document some of these in future posts.

#1 - having someone to ride with.

E & I are a couple of weeks away from our new house purchase settling. A very big item on my list was to find a house close to bike trails and hopefully MTB trails. I've won on both fronts - the location is pretty much spiderwebbed with bike paths, and being one block away from a Bushland Reserve, quite close to a fire trail network (with the occasional sneaky bit of singletrack thrown in).

So - it may be a few years down the track, but I am very much looking forward to having a little mate to ride some of these trails with. Whether they are in a trailer, in a kid seat on the back of the bike, getting towed along by me, or by whipping me on the singletrail - I'm looking forward to it all.

1 comment:

Dee said...

Somewhere back in the archives of the Fat Cyclist is a fabulous video where he had the camera on his daughter riding a tag-along on a mountain bike trail. Sheer delight. Who knows what awaits? I rode my son to school for a long time, and it was a special thing . Whatever happens, you are in for a hell of a ride.