13 December 2010

Caution - distressing images ahead

If you like looking at clean bikes, or squirm at the sight of dead bugs, then please read no further.

If, on the other hand, you have a warped, morbid sense of fascination with *those* sorts of images, read on.

This is what a bike looks like after 7 hours, 48 minutes, 107km of dirt and mud, and then driving home through a locust plague.

Don't say I didn't warn you:



6 hours of cleaning so far, and the wheels aren't even done yet. I think there's another 2 hours in it yet, especially after I go back over it with the torque wrench.

Awesome bike for a long ride though. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Well, most of it. Not the mud bits.

1 comment:

Timbo said...

Drove my brand new Tarmac Pro (unridden) to Bright for the Tour of Bright and it caught 4000 locusts whilst my backup commuter on the roof got not a cracker.

Some sort of Biblical joke.