14 May 2010

A week in Italy

What a HUGE first week in Italy. I never dreamed we would fit so much in.

This week I have visited Urbino, a beautiful village perched in the mountains. I have shopped in Riccione and the markets in Rimini. I have ridden 55km on my very nice De Rosa road bike. I had a glorious one hour massage and danced for hours last night to awesomely tragic 70s and 80s music. Not to mention the three buffets each day with some of the best Italian food I have ever tasted and the drinks by the pool during sunset most nights. Oh and the coffee!!

We are so looked after here. The owner, Marina, has an eagle eye on everything and nothing slips by. The staff are wonderful and so helpful. Nothing is too much trouble. And I think the cyclists are spoilt rotten. A choice of four different rides every day with seriously good guides, and their cycling laundry washed for free every evening and ready for the next day. I really need to take the chefs and laundry staff home with me!



I have a day of R&R planned for today. Maybe a wander into the markets in Riccione, some time in the spa and sauna, and some catching up on blogging and emailing!

Tomorrow we begin the adventure of hiring cars and driving to Monte Terminillo for the stage of the Giro Ditalia on Sunday. From what I have seen of Italian driving it will definitlely be interesting!

Now off to the spa :-)

A few of the gang ready for a ride.

Pre-dinner drinks last night by the pool.

No comments: